We are a week into the new year, how are those resolutions going? This episodes is all about turning those resolutions into results. Going from hoping and wishing for something different to actually creating a change in your life.
If you’re like me, you have already been tested, and you might even be thinking about giving up. STOP!! Don’t wave the white flag just yet. I have some practical advice on how to turn those resolutions into results in six specific steps.
“You will never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret to success is found in your daily routine.” John Maxwell
No matter what change you are trying to create in your life here are six steps for creating results
1) Decide who you want to become
In his classic book Stephen Covey says “Begin with the end in mind.” Figure out where your end is.
2) Create SMART goals
Your goals need to be SMART, an acronym describing a format for writing goals which increases the likelihood of accomplishing said goals.
3) Identify potential obstacles
4) Put The Snowball Effect to use
5) Write your goals each and every day
6) Be ready to restart
1. I just received my second order of Extreme Ed: Team Building Activities Guide books. I have set aside forty books as a bonus for a program I’ll be releasing by the end of the month. To be on of the first to hear subscribe to my blog update emails.
2. Are you a past member of a student organization? Are you willing to share your story? I’m working on a super secret project and need your help. Email me, Nick@NickPalkowski.com, with the subject “super secret project”
3. Next week’s podcast is an interview with youth speaker Fabian Ramirez. This will be an excellent interview about how you can succeed as a student leader.
In this episode I mentioned several resources, including:
- Book: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- Blog post: A Christmas lesson on achieving your goals
- Book: The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
- Worksheets: Get your resources here
- Book: How to Conduct a Weekly Review and Gain Control of Your Time Without Losing Your Life by Nick Palkowski
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe.
If you have an idea for a podcast you want to see or a question call the voicemail feedback line at (815) 408-0387 or press the send voicemail button.
Also, if you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would be tremendously in getting this podcast in the more ears! Thanks.