I understand the challenge of finding just the right speaker. In my prior role as the president of an 18,000 member student organization, I was responsible for hundreds of events, from small team training sessions to large, arena-size, multi-day conferences.
I quickly realized that success of an event came down to the quality of the speakers. If they hit it out of the park, we had a great event. If they didn’t, well … we had a not-so-great event.
Like you, I found myself spending hours researching speakers, to make sure we had just the right fit. My hope is that this page will make it easy for you to get the information you need to make the best decision possible.
Thanks for stopping by. Thanks also for considering me. I am honored.
An Overview of this Page
This page provides an overview of what I have to offer, along with a taste of what you can expect. You can click on the links below to take you directly to the relevant sections.
- What You Can Expect
- A Little Bit About Me
- My Most Requested Topics
- What Others Are Saying
- My Upcoming Engagements
- My Previous Engagements
- The Next Step
If you want to check my availability for your event, or if you have some questions before proceeding further, please click here:
Here’s what you can expect from me and my team:
- Prompt, professional replies to your phone calls and email messages.
- A personal phone consultation with a member of my team prior to your event, so we can better understand how I can best serve you and your audience.
- An announcement about your event on my blog and social media channels. (This assumes that your event is open to the public and you want additional visibility for it.)
- A professionally prepared, dynamically delivered presentation focused on achieving the outcomes you want with your audience.
- A custom resource page, exclusively created for your attendees. It will include the slides I used in the presentation, along with links to books, articles, and other resources I believe will be helpful.
- A quick follow-up communication after the event with someone on my team, to make sure I met your expectations. (I also want to know how you think I can improve.)
- A commitment to one of my main goals, Being the easiest speaker to work with.
I have been speaking publicly for the last ten years and have keynoted hundreds of events. I’ve spent the majority of my time working with high school and college student organization leaders understand their influence, and how to improve their team dynamics in order to help them run and lead their organizations.
As a student leader, I was on multiple officer teams including serving as the president of the Wisconsin Association of FFA. I’ve first hand experience of the challenges that student leaders face when trying to run their organization. I’ve dedicated the last five years to understanding these challenges and helping the student officers overcome them.
I now devote my time to writing, coaching, and speaking. In terms of my platform:
- My podcast, Ninja Leaders Podcast, is one of the top student leadership podcasts in iTunes
- My program, Ninja Leaders: The Complete Student Leader Training System, is the only one designed specifically to take a student organization officer from being elected to handing the reins over to next years team
- I have also designed multiple day retreats that bring together several organizational officer teams for a truly powerful event
I use my background in experiential education and years of experience managing several high ropes challenge courses, to turn what would otherwise be very technical workshops into high energy, interactive experiences.
I am a proud University of Wisconsin Badger, and a Minnesota Vikings fan. I live just outside of Madison, Wisconsin where my Leadership Lab has one of the biggest whiteboards this side of the Mississippi. In my free time, I enjoy reading, hunting, fishing, and spending way too much time playing with the latest Apple gadget.
I speak on topics related to leadership, team dynamics, productivity, and facilitation. I will customize my presentation to meet your organization’s specific needs. My goal is to facilitate the outcome you want to create.
My most requested topics include the following. Keep in mind that I can present these as a keynote or a workshop. Also, I have a half-day, full-day, and in some cases, multi-day seminar version. Please click on the “More” link at the end of each topic description for more detail.
Influence: Leadership isn’t about being the loudest or a fancy title. It comes from being willing to take a stand, to make the tough decisions, to help others be their best. Every student has the potential to be a leader of influence by developing three important habits. More >>
Ninja Leaders: Are you ready to take your student organization to the next level? Learn what it takes to not only run your organization but how you can lead it. Create a strong officer team that is committed to creating future leaders. I share how you can create a powerful team, get more done, and create a student org to be proud of. More >>
Here is what a few other event sponsors said after I spoke for them. These are just quick excerpts. The full text is in the column on the right-hand side of this page.
Here are a few of the speaking events that are happening within the next two to three weeks.
Please note: These dates are subject to change without notice. Please check the event web site before you make plans to attend.
I have spoken at hundreds of events. You can find a list of the most recent ones here
Thanks again for considering me for your event. You can take the next step by checking my availability. Just click on the orange button below. Someone on my team will get back with you right away.